Are you an organised, proactive individual with experience in an accounts / finance administrator role? Are you looking for a part-time position that can better enable a work / life balance?
You’re great at organising; you’re a methodical thinking and someone who fully understands the importance of running a tight ship! You have experience working in an accounts department and understand the importance of being consistent, having a keen eye for detail and managing responsibilities.
This key role within our business works in a two person team (both part-time), and ensures the functions of our Accounts team are facilitated to a high degree. As an important member of the team, you will work collaboratively with the other Accounts Administrator, as well as with Management and the Sales team.
The role is permanent, part time (18 hours per week) position with an immediate start. The days worked will be determined in discussion with the successful candidate.
You will be responsible for:
- Checking bank accounts and posting customer payments.
- Posting invoices, credit notes and payments.
- Posting credit card payments & refunds.
- Posting of sales invoices & allocating them against receipts & credit notes.
- Sending statements to customers.
- Credit control / emailing customers with overdue balance in their account.
- Processing payments run in conjunction with the other Accounts Administrator and / or Management.
- Paying suppliers.
- Reconciling current accounts.
- Reconciling credit cards (8-10 each month).
- Reconciling PayPal accounts.
- Paying Pro-forma invoices to suppliers.
- Deal with customer / supplier queries.
Additionally, there will be some collaborative tasks with the other Accounts Administrator, including:
- Foreign currency sell off.
- Creating new nominal codes when applicable.
- Creating payment templates/BACS/priority payment/intercompany transfers.
- Create new PL/SL Accounts & PL/SL Maintenance.
- Complete application forms to apply for credit accounts with new suppliers.
- Posting journals to correct miss-postings / errors in Sage.
- General maintenance, record keeping & improvement of accounts system / procedures.
- Reports in Sage / Financial Statements
- Sales & Purchase ledger reports / transaction listings, etc.
Interested in this role? Then, these are some of the essential skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role (accounts administrator / bookkeeper).
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
- Debt collection / credit control experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas & creating spreadsheets).
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
- Good organisational & time management abilities.
- Experience using Sage (we currently use Sage 200).
- Ability to self-manage and be proactive.
Not essential, but if you have experience with payroll & benefits administration, that would be great!
Why You Should Join BW
Joining our team means that you will be working in a dynamic environment and you are fearless of our next big challenge. Even though we work hard at BW, we make sure our employees are happy – hard work & enthusiasm are always appreciated & rewarded. All employees get:
- A competitive salary, with regular reviews
- A company pension scheme with up to 4% contributions from BW
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance, which includes a subsidised gym membership
- Perkbox Membership.
- 20 days holidays + Christmas shut down + your birthday off (equal to 26 days per year + bank holidays).
- Early finishes on Fridays (our office closes at 3 pm).
Applying is easy, but due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis, help us single you out from the crowd. Finding the right application in a sea of CVs can be daunting, so ensure your CV stands out, highlighting all of the above essential skills.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Accounts Administrator” in the subject line.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Whilst we are happy to work with agencies, we have non-negotiable terms that must be agreed to prior to accepting any CVs. Unsolicited CVs will not be accepted. Terms can be provided to you by emailing email@example.com. Phone calls with respect to this role will not be accepted at this time.