FCC loosens rules for translator location
Following the Federal Communications Commission‘s (FCC) newly modified rules, FM translators can now be located anywhere within the AM’s daytime service contour or a 25-mile radius of the transmitter, even if the contour is farther than 25 miles out. Previously, the rule said an AM station could place a rebroadcasting FM translator within the smaller of its daytime service contour or the 25-mile radius of its transmitter.
This means that the 2,000 or so US AM radio stations that rebroadcast on FM translators now have more flexibility in locating those FM signals. A search of the FCC’s database by engineering consulting firm du Treil, Lundin & Rackley, shows 157 commercial band FM translator service applications being accepted by the commission last week compared to approximately 24 the week prior.
BW Broadcast has been a popular manufacturer for transmitter equipment over recent years. Our FM transmitters have been the industry’s chosen units across LPFM stations and community stations in the US and continue to receive positive feedback as truly reliable transmitters or exciters. Offering unprecedented performance and quality, these FM transmitters are feature-packed and sound great right out of the box.
If you are interested in placing a new FM translator following the rules update from FCC, then make sure you choose a high-quality product without blowing your budget.
TX300 – market leading audio performance
The most popular 300W FM transmitter in the world, the TX300 V2 can be found in LPFM stations, community stations, emergency broadcast kits, military applications and as a truly reliable backup transmitter or exciter for national broadcasters. Whatever the application, the TX300 V2 will take it in its stride. Now with built-in 4-band DSPX audio processing, Ethernet control and FSK IDer.
- Integrated multi-band DSPX audio processing makes your station sound great, right out of the box
- Comes with one of the cleanest exciters and an ultra-low distortion modulator, which make it a highly stable FM transmission system
- Slide-in power supplies make the maintenance a breeze, which means that in case of major problems the supplies can be fixed in minutes
- Configurable Status and Alarm ports control and signal to external equipment
- Flexible and extensive Web Mail, SNMP, Telnet and Serial Remote Control that keeps you aware and in control of your station’s transmission
- 2-year international warranty
- 24/7 technical support
Don’t take our word for it. Hear what our customers say
“Easy to install, super natural audio, reliability you can really depend on. No competition in the marketplace, professional natural audio, reliable and excellent value” – David Kennedy, WPBJ
“Really like that BW Broadcast V2 exciter. Easy menu adjustment of frequency and power. Quick bootup, smooth power adjustment using one knob, and easy to read front panel LCD. ”Nice job ole boy!”.” – Jeff Parker, Chief Engineer at Clear Channel Media and Entertainment