Embedded Software Engineer
BW Broadcast is an internationally recognised brand, supplying FM broadcasting equipment worldwide, from large New York-based radio stations to community radio stations in Sudan. Our company ethos is to be creative, innovative and produce groundbreaking products that influence the industry. BW is no stranger to industry awards – with many of our products being recognised for both design & innovation.
We are looking for a talented embedded software engineer to join our Research & Development Team. We need an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with other R&D engineers as well as Production. You will be a highly motivated individual, capable of taking the lead in developing innovative solutions and inspiring colleagues.
You can easily switch between proactive and reactive and can work in an environment with various dynamics that often lead to the change in direction.
You’re results driven and can focus your time and efforts on your own work load, but can also provide guidance and support to the rest of the team when required.
For the best possible fit, we are looking for someone who communicates well and who can set the path for software development.
Our must haves are someone who has:
- 3-5 years experience in software engineering
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Solid programming experience in C and C++
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, network protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Live within a reasonable commute of our Croydon based office (45 minutes max)
You will also be able to get going on your own accord. Along with the rest of the team, you will be a leader and someone who can be relied heavily upon for ensuring the team, collectively, reaches targets and deadlines. You have the ability to focus on your work without losing sight of what’s going on around you and the wider company objectives. If you have experience with project management, that would also be ideal (Agile environment).
Working with our software team, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging system software
- Reviewing code & design
- Designing & implementing software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Analysing and enhancing efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrating and validating new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize performance
- Provide post-production support
- Interface with hardware design & development
- Assess third party and open source software
- Software repository management
- Embedded software development
Why You Should Join BW
Joining our team means that you will be working in dynamic environment and you are fearless of our next big challenge. Even though we work hard at BW, we make sure our employees are happy – hard work & enthusiasm are always appreciated & rewarded. All employees get:
- A competitive salary, with regular reviews
- A company pension scheme with 4% contributions from BW
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance, which includes a subsidised gym membership
- Perkbox Subscription which includes a free Tastecard, free monthly coffee, discounts on the high street, and much more!
- 20 days holidays + Christmas shut down + your birthday off (equal to 26 days per year + bank holidays).
- Early finishes on Fridays (our office closes at 3 pm).
- Staff events throughout the year – some near, some far (in 2016, we went to Amsterdam for the weekend).
Applying is easy, but due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis, help us single you out from the crowd. Finding the right applicant in a sea of CVs can be daunting, so ensure your CV stands out, highlighting all of the above essential skills.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Application: Embedded Software Engineer.”
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls.
Whilst we are happy to work with agencies, we have non-negotiable terms that must be agreed to prior to accepting any CVs. Unsolicited CVs will not be accepted. Terms can be provided to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone calls with respect to this role will not be accepted at this time.