Are you an enthusiastic and talented Test Engineer looking for a new challenge? We’re looking for someone who has a proven record and a well-rounded, solid background in electronics.
BW Broadcast is an internationally recognised brand, supplying FM broadcasting equipment worldwide, from large New York-based radio stations to community radio stations in Sudan. Our company ethos is to be creative, innovative and produce groundbreaking products that influence the industry. BW is no stranger to industry awards – with many of our products being recognised for both design & innovation.
Candidates will need to be enthusiastic, ready to tackle new challenges and learn new skills. You will be a highly motivated individual capable of developing innovative solutions with drive and charisma. The role requires an excellent communicator comfortable dealing with other engineers as well as customers and suppliers.
Test engineers are expected to cover all aspects of product test including working with R&D to prove new designs, production test of finished goods, as well as test / repair of returned goods.
The role will include developing new test procedures as well as quality assurance.
Our must haves are someone who has:
- Minimum 2:2 university degree in Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’s experience.
- Function testing PCBs.
- Fault finding faults and repairing.
- SMT soldering experience down to 0603.
- Knowledge of using spectrum analysers, Oscilloscopes, multi-meter.
- Hardware debugging (using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other appropriate test equipment).
- Highly competent soldering, especially SMD reworking.
- Attention to detail and quality focus.
- Ability to work under time-scale pressure to get products out of the door on time while maintaining quality output.
- Motivation to work unsupervised as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas quickly and clearly to participate in technical discussions.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Test scripting development
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- RF test (VHF and UHF)
- Experience writing technical documentation
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN BW
Joining our team means that you will be working in dynamic environment and you are fearless of our next big challenge. Even though we work hard at BW, we make sure our employees are happy – hard work & enthusiasm are always appreciated & rewarded.
All employees get:
- A competitive salary, with regular reviews
- A company pension scheme with 4% contributions from BW
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance, which includes a subsidised gym membership
- Perkbox Subscription which includes a free Tastecard, free monthly coffee, discounts on the high street, and much more!
- 20 days holidays + Christmas shut down + your birthday off (equal to 26 days per year + bank holidays).
- Early finishes on Fridays (our office closes at 3 pm).
- Staff events throughout the year – some near, some far (in 2016, we went to Amsterdam for the weekend).
Applying is easy, but due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis, help us single you out from the crowd. Finding the right applicant in a sea of CVs can be daunting, so ensure your CV stands out, highlighting all of the above essential skills.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Application: Test Engineer.”
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Agencies: We have a list of approved agencies we already work with and are not accepting contact from new agencies at this time.
Please no phone calls. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.