Are you an experienced Electronics CAD Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge? We are looking for a talented and passionate Electronics CAD Engineer to join our R&D team. You will be involved in bringing new products to market, utilising your experience of product design.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to understand and solve problems and get stuck in on a variety of exciting projects. You should have a proven track record of managing design projects to ensure they are delivered on time. You will need to produce drawings, so experience using Solidworks and / or Altium is essential (with preference for Altium experience).
You should have good computer skills and be conversant in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Sage is an advantage.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor Degree in Electronics and have a minimum of 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in PCB layout as well as knowledge of PCB manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of RF design is ideal.
- Experience of new product introduction.
- Knowledge of modern electronic assembly processes, requirements, and standards.
- Knowledge of simulation tools and software is also essential.
- You will have experience in sheet metal and machined metal design and manufacturing, as well as knowledge of safety design rules for electric / electronic products.
- An understanding of engineering practices (design re-usability, DFM, DFT).
- 3D rendering and visualisation for conceptual and marketing.
- Live within a reasonable commute of our Croydon based office (45 minutes max)
BW is an Agile environment, so experience with project management would be great!
In this role, you will look after PCB schematics capture, PCB layout, as well as components creation and library management – all in Altium designer. You will also be required to do mechanical design in Solidworks. You will be responsible for drawings repository management and manufacturing data management in our stock control and production software. In addition to this, you will be responsible for prototype verification.
It would be fantastic if you had the ability and experience in handling and organising multiple projects at once.
BW Broadcast is an internationally recognised brand, supplying FM broadcasting equipment worldwide, from large New York based radio stations to community radio stations in the Sudan. Our company ethos is to be creative, innovative and produce ground breaking products that influence the industry. BW is no stranger to awards – with many of our products being recognised for both design and innovation.
Why You Should Join BW
Joining our team means that you will be working in a dynamic environment and you are fearless of our next big challenge. Even though we work hard at BW, we make sure our employees are happy – hard work & enthusiasm are always appreciated and rewarded. All employees get:
- A competitive salary with regular reviews.
- A company pension scheme with 4% contributions from BW.
- Profit sharing.
- Health insurance, which includes a subsidised gym membership.
- Perkbox subscription which includes a free Tastecard, free monthly coffee, discounts on the high street and much more!
- 5 weeks holidays + your birthday off.
- Staff events throughout the year – some near, some far (last year, we went to Amsterdam for the weekend).
- Early days on Fridays – the office closes at 3 pm!
Applying is easy, but due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis, help us single you out from the crowd. Finding the right application in a sea of CVs can be daunting, so ensure your CV stands out, highlighting all of the above essential skills.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com, quoting “Electronics CAD Engineer” in the subject line.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Whilst we are happy to work with agencies, we have non-negotiable terms that must be agreed to prior to accepting any CVs. Unsolicited CVs will be accepted. Terms can be provided to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls with respect to this role will not be accepted at this time.