BW Broadcast is excited to announce our return to Asia’s must-attend event for the pro-audio and broadcasting industry. The 22nd International Digital Multimedia & Entertainment Technology Exhibition and Conference will take place from 23 – 25 May 2017 at Suntec, Singapore.
This year, we will bring our best selection of professional radio broadcasting equipment with us to our exhibition stand at the Broadcast Asia. Coupled with our knowledge and years of experience in the industry, our engineers look forward to seeing you at the show to give you the best advice for your radio station and introduce our award-winning products. You can find us from stand 4J2-01.
Our team will be showcasing and demonstrating various award-winning products including:
- DSPXmini Encore audio processor
- DSPmpX Encore stereo encoder & decoder
- ModMon Encore modulation monitor
- RBRX Encore rebroadcast receiver
- FM transmitters
We look forward to seeing you at Broadcast Asia! Click here for the visitor pre-registration. Here’s a video from the last year’s event:
Following the Federal Communications Commission‘s (FCC) newly modified rules, FM translators can now be located anywhere within the AM’s daytime service contour or a 25-mile radius of the transmitter, even if the contour is farther than 25 miles out. Previously, the rule said an AM station could place a rebroadcasting FM translator within the smaller of its daytime service contour or the 25-mile radius of its transmitter.
This means that the 2,000 or so US AM radio stations that rebroadcast on FM translators now have more flexibility in locating those FM signals. A search of the FCC’s database by engineering consulting firm du Treil, Lundin & Rackley, shows 157 commercial band FM translator service applications being accepted by the commission last week compared to approximately 24 the week prior.
BW Broadcast has been a popular manufacturer for transmitter equipment over recent years. Our FM transmitters have been the industry’s chosen units across LPFM stations and community stations in the US and continue to receive positive feedback as truly reliable transmitters or exciters. Offering unprecedented performance and quality, these FM transmitters are feature-packed and sound great right out of the box.
If you are interested in placing a new FM translator following the rules update from FCC, then make sure you choose a high-quality product without blowing your budget.
TX300 – market leading audio performance
The most popular 300W FM transmitter in the world, the TX300 V2 can be found in LPFM stations, community stations, emergency broadcast kits, military applications and as a truly reliable backup transmitter or exciter for national broadcasters. Whatever the application, the TX300 V2 will take it in its stride. Now with built-in 4-band DSPX audio processing, Ethernet control and FSK IDer.
- Integrated multi-band DSPX audio processing makes your station sound great, right out of the box
- Comes with one of the cleanest exciters and an ultra-low distortion modulator, which make it a highly stable FM transmission system
- Slide-in power supplies make the maintenance a breeze, which means that in case of major problems the supplies can be fixed in minutes
- Configurable Status and Alarm ports control and signal to external equipment
- Flexible and extensive Web Mail, SNMP, Telnet and Serial Remote Control that keeps you aware and in control of your station’s transmission
- 2-year international warranty
- 24/7 technical support
Don’t take our word for it. Hear what our customers say
“Easy to install, super natural audio, reliability you can really depend on. No competition in the marketplace, professional natural audio, reliable and excellent value” – David Kennedy, WPBJ
“Really like that BW Broadcast V2 exciter. Easy menu adjustment of frequency and power. Quick bootup, smooth power adjustment using one knob, and easy to read front panel LCD. ”Nice job ole boy!”.” – Jeff Parker, Chief Engineer at Clear Channel Media and Entertainment
Are you an experienced Electronics CAD Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge? We are looking for a talented and passionate Electronics CAD Engineer to join our R&D team. You will be involved in bringing new products to market, utilising your experience of product design.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to understand and solve problems and get stuck in on a variety of exciting projects. You should have a proven track record of managing design projects to ensure they are delivered on time. You will need to produce drawings, so experience using Solidworks and Altium is essential.
You should have good computer skills and be conversant in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Sage is an advantage.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor Degree in Electronics and have a minimum of 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in PCB layout as well as knowledge of PCB manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of RF design is ideal.
- Experience of new product introduction.
- Knowledge of modern electronic assembly processes, requirements, and standards.
- Knowledge of simulation tools and software is also essential.
- You will have experience in sheet metal and machined metal design and manufacturing, as well as knowledge of safety design rules for electric / electronic products.
- An understanding of engineering practices (design re-usability, DFM, DFT).
- 3D rendering and visualisation for conceptual and marketing.
- Live within a reasonable commute of our Croydon based office (45 minutes max)
BW is an Agile environment, so experience with project management would be great!
In this role, you will look after PCB schematics capture, PCB layout, as well as components creation and library management – all in Altium designer. You will also be required to do mechanical design in Solidworks. You will be responsible for drawings repository management and manufacturing data management in our stock control and production software. In addition to this, you will be responsible for prototype verification.
It would be fantastic if you had the ability and experience in handling and organising multiple projects at once.
BW Broadcast is an internationally recognised brand, supplying FM broadcasting equipment worldwide, from large New York based radio stations to community radio stations in the Sudan. Our company ethos is to be creative, innovative and produce ground breaking products that influence the industry. BW is no stranger to awards – with many of our products being recognised for both design and innovation.
Why You Should Join BW
Joining our team means that you will be working in a dynamic environment and you are fearless of our next big challenge. Even though we work hard at BW, we make sure our employees are happy – hard work & enthusiasm are always appreciated and rewarded. All employees get:
- A competitive salary with regular reviews.
- A company pension scheme with 4% contributions from BW.
- Profit sharing.
- Health insurance, which includes a subsidised gym membership.
- Perkbox subscription which includes a free Tastecard, free monthly coffee, discounts on the high street and much more!
- 5 weeks holidays + your birthday off.
- Staff events throughout the year – some near, some far (last year, we went to Amsterdam for the weekend).
- Early days on Fridays – the office closes at 3 pm!
Applying is easy, but due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis, help us single you out from the crowd. Finding the right application in a sea of CVs can be daunting, so ensure your CV stands out, highlighting all of the above essential skills.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com, quoting “Electronics CAD Engineer” in the subject line.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Whilst we are happy to work with agencies, we have non-negotiable terms that must be agreed to prior to accepting any CVs. Unsolicited CVs will be accepted. Terms can be provided to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls with respect to this role will not be accepted at this time.