W Broadcast RBRX Encore, to be shown at NAB 2014 for the first time, is the latest incarnation of this iconic rebroadcast receiver. With its predecessor, the RBRX1, previously winning a radio world NAB cool stuff award – the latest version of this benchmark product has a lot to live up to.
What makes it so special?
Improving on the RBRX1, voted the ‘world’s best’ FM re-broadcast receiver was not an easy task. Through continued integration of the SONY’s patented noise reduction technology and advances in BW Broadcast’s audio processing the RBRX Encore delivers FM stereo separation that will have listeners raving.
If that wasn’t enough – BW Broadcast has added a second DSP tuner to the unit, offering full diversity reception from its two antenna inputs. We have also added options for HD, AM, DAB and DAB+ reception – making the RBRX Encore the only full complete analogue and digital professional multi-standard rebroadcast receiver and tuner on the market.
Audio like never before
The sound is cleaner than ever before due to further enhancements to the built in DSPX audio limiter and stereo generator. The RDS Encoder capabilities have increased so now there is more monitor and decode facilities for those that wish to use it as an analyser or monitor. The demodulated audio can also be streamed over IP to remote locations which are invaluable for radio engineers who are out of the coverage zone but want to make adjustments or listen to the unit’s reception.
Peace of mind for station owners and engineers has been increased through upgraded audio backup facilities. The audio can now be stored as MP3 and AAC files on both the internal memory and external USB sticks. The RBRX Encore also supports decoding of audio over IP streams for backup purposes.
Future Proof Engineering
We know that engineers expect more from their hardware investments these days. The RBRX Encore has been built on BW Broadcast’s new Encore platform which takes it far beyond being just a tuner. It’s an audio switcher, a stereo generator, an RDS encoder, an audio backup device, a remote control, a monitoring solution and so much more. The RBRX Encore supports SNMP, Telnet, Serial, HTTP API and a fully HTML5 web remote that is fully Mobile optimised and compatible. It even supports BW Broadcast’s Virtual rack portal which removes the need for router configuration or port forwards.
Features and benefits overview
- 2 DSP tuners now offer full diversity reception from both antenna inputs.
- Now includes AM reception as standard.
- The only truly analogue and digital rebroadcast receiver on the market offering HD, DAB & DAB+ options.
- Increased RDS Encoder capabilities with more monitor and decode facilities if you wish to use it as an analyser or monitor.
- Stream demodulated audio over IP so you can listen and make adjustments even when you’re out of the coverage zone.
- Enhanced DSP audio limiter & stereo generator for even clearer sound quality.
- Upgraded audio backup facilities – MP3 & AAC files can be stored on internal or external USB sticks.
BW Broadcast set the standard for Re-broadcast receivers in 2010, it has done it again in 2014.
The Ariane Encore Audio Leveler is as close to a trained mastering engineer on a fader as you are going to get, delivering dynamic range control that is inaudible. You can trust it to pre-process and add life to legacy processors and web streams, or you can sit back and let it unobtrusively protect STL links and satellite feeds.
How do you improve on perfection?
You struggle! Our engineers took some of the most challenging programme material and reworked the back-end processing code to take the new Ariane to a higher altitude of audio processing. Its pioneering window-gating freezes the processing when the audio dynamics are within a certain range. Combined with a carefully chosen multi-band topology that puts equal energy into each of its bands for a uniquely natural sound, the Ariane Encore continues to deliver ‘only when needed’ dynamic range control that is known worldwide for being inaudible. Should the user want it, its matrix sum and difference mode can inject life back into programme material, whilst taking care to not over process the sound. Known as the ‘Compeller’ on steroids, the Ariane is as close to a trained mastering engineer on a fader as you are going to get. You can trust it to pre-process and add life to legacy processors or web streams, or you can sit back and let it unobtrusively protect STL links and satellite feeds.
What do you expect?
We know that engineers expect more from their hardware investments these days. The new Ariane is not just super sexy – it’s also future proofed. It’s been built on BW Broadcast’s new Encore platform, taking this double award winning utility processor to new heights. It’s an audio switcher, an audio backup device, a remote control and monitoring solution and so much more.
Features and Benefits
- Sound great out of the box – With the flexibility to customise your sound easily with the factory and user presets that can be controlled locally and remotely.
- Retain Legacy features – Such as with Stereo, Matrix (sum and difference) and dual mono modes, front panel bypass buttons and power loss relays for the audio.
- Never have dead Air – With Plan B audio backup from the internal memory card, external USB keys and Shoutcast internet streams. There are even audio fall-back switching options for the analogue audio and AES/EBU digital audio inputs.
- Never not be in charge – Stay in control from anywhere with any device, with mobile device aware HTML5 browser remote control and monitoring which fully supports the IPhone.
- Never not know – Stay in the know with event logging and notifications by email, SNMP, to local memory and more.
- Set and forget - 1 minute remote control setup using BW Broadcast’s virtual portal functionality which removes the need for router configuration and port forwards. VRP supports remote control of 1-1000 BW broadcast products from one web login. No gateways, IPs or ports to remember.
- Works with what you have now – Slots effortlessly into your broadcast infrastructure with software configurable alarms and triggers which open up endless remote control and telemetry possibilities.
It’s been eight years since BW Broadcast’s Scott Incz took former chief engineer of Z100’s David Reaves original analogue Ariane product and created the Ariane sequel digital leveller for David’s then company Translantech. Although BW Broadcast have been the designers and manufacturers of the sequel since 2005, 2013 saw them take ownership of the Ariane brand completely. The Ariane Encore will be the first Ariane manufactured with BW broadcast’s colours and livery.
The Vertus Encore AM/FM translator combines the ground breaking features from our transmitter range with the world’s BEST re-broadcast receiver. No one else can offer a solution for translator sites that can rival Vertus’s sound quality, reliability and ease of use all in one economical box!
Features and benefits overview
- Use it to translate AM to FM as well as FM to FM.
- Save money, this ‘one box solution’ includes integrated processing, RDS and telemetry.
- Reduce stress by simplifying your broadcast chain and ending compatibility problems.
- DSP processing AM to FM rebroadcast for unprecedented AM sound enhancement.
- Designed for the translator market with all the features you’ll ever need.
- Quick change parts make onsite maintenance a breeze!
- Diagnostic logging, emails and alerts and audio back up facilities give you total peace of mind.
Pulls in distant stations and re-broadcasts them with amazing clarity!
The adaptive IF DSP filtering, first debuted in the BW Broadcast award winning RBRX1, is able to pull in distant stations and have rebroadcasts sounding clearer and cleaner than any other solution current available. Digitally demodulating, enhancing in DSP and re-modulating with direct to channel digital modulation has significant noise reduction benefits. Like the RBRX1, the Vertus employs patented stereo enhancing noise reduction for outstanding stereo separation, even under very difficult conditions. The highly selective receiver has no problem with pulling in weak and distant stations, even when on a transmitter site with high levels of RF. The dual antenna inputs provide additional benefits by reducing multipath to even lower levels than can be achieved with a single antenna receiver.
In addition to the dual FM reception capability, the Vertus can also receive and translate AM Radio Stations. The DSP enhanced processing inside the Vertus includes audio frequency enhancement for AM to FM rebroadcasts, increasing the bandwidth and quality of the AM broadcasts that are being translated to FM. For the first time ever, AM can sound better than AM in a similar way to spectral band replication can enhance low bit rate audio streams.
Translates from AM to FM as well as FM to FM
Built upon the Encore FM transmitter platform, the Vertus can also function as a standalone direct to channel DDS FM transmitter, or switch to standalone mode should a rebroadcast signal fail. The audio backup facilities of the Vertus include fall-back to FM, or AM frequencies or vice versa, in addition to the Encore platform powered mp3 and Shoutcast stream back up options.
A GPS sync option is provided for Single Frequency Network applications, and RDS can be translated or locally adjusted to suit the requirements of the gap filler / translator. Full anti-hijack facilities are included as standard.
‘One box solution’ saves you money and stress
Through the integration of several pieces of broadcast equipment into one box, you save considerable sums of money. Integrated processing, RDS, telemetry significantly reduces the complexity of your broadcast air chain, and increases performance at the same time.
Vertus gives you 100% peace of mind
Peace of mind is critical to radio station owners and their engineers. That’s why all BW transmission products have slide in and quick change parts. There’s diagnostic logging, alarms and email alerts to keep you informed. The DDS exciter, audio processing and audio backup facilities keep your signal clean and compliant, and more importantly on the air should you lose your main audio programme feed. You can even plug in a spare power supply into a redundancy power supply slot in the translator.